The Men’s League is open to Birch Bay Village Golf Club Members and their guests with a GHIN handicap index. Participants play with other members of varying skill level, usually 24 to 36 players. If you don’t have a GHIN handicap index, you can establish one through the Club. We will get you in a group and out playing. Each player must pay the appropriate Green Fee for their round at check-in.
Schedule and Fees
- Plays on THURSDAYS during the prime season (May thru August)
- TEE TIMES
- Apr-Sept 9:00am, CHECK-IN at 8:30am
- Sept-Mar 10:00am, CHECK-IN at 9:30 am.
- ENTRY FEE AND PAYOUT
- Entry fee is $5
- all entry fees are paid out at the end of the round.
- The number of payout places depends on the number of players.
Scoring and Handicap
- Each player’s GHIN handicap is converted to a course handicap.
- A variety of games are played each week with most scores being post-able.
- Men play from the White/Blue tee boxes or the White/Combo tee boxes.
Frequently Played Round Formats
- Team: Best 2 of 3 team players’ scores vs. other teams
- Team: Best 3 of 4 team players’ scores vs. other teams
- Individual Low Net: Lowest score using individual course handicap
Frequently Played Side Games
- Requires a separate entry-fee
- Skins: Lowest score by a player on each hole
- Greenies: Birdie or better by a player on designated holes reached in regulation
- Closest to the pin
- A course handicap is a number that indicates how many handicap strokes a golfer receives at the specific golf course (and specific set of tees) being played.
- Course handicap usually differs from a player’s GHIN index due to a specific course’s rating and slope.
- Stroke play; also known as medal play, is a scoring system in the sport of golf in which the total number of strokes per player or team is counted over one, or more rounds, of 18 holes.