Open to BBV residents and guests, new golfers, those taking lessons, or golfers without a GHIN handicap who want to play in a scramble format.
Schedule and Fees
- Plays on MONDAYS
- 9 Holes, GHIN not required, but ok
- Join the Golf Club and select the Scramble League as a league you want to join
- League invitations will be emailed to members on Thursday for the next Monday league day. You can respond with Playing or Not Playing. Those who select Playing will be placed on the tee sheet which will be sent out prior to the day of play.
- The league books the tee times, you just need to show up
- No entry fee
- SCRAMBLE LEAGUE FEE is $10
- CLUB MEMBERSHIP FEE is $20
- 4:00pm, CHECK-IN at 3:30
Two Person Format
- The two-to-person scramble features teams of up to four players competing against one another. In this format, each team’s players hit from the tee box, then the team members choose the best of the four shots for the next shot. All team members then play the second shot from that location, and again choose the best shot, all the way through the green.
Two to Four man Format
- Similar to Best Ball, except in a scramble, each player strikes a shot. The best shot is selected, then all players play from that selected position. This continues until someone holes their putt for the team score.
What’s a Course Handicap?
- A course handicap is a number that indicates how many handicap strokes a golfer receives at the specific golf course (and specific set of tees) being played. Course handicap usually differs from a player’s GHIN index due to a specific course’s rating and slope.
- Stroke play; also known as medal play, is a scoring system in the sport of golf in which the total number of strokes per player or team is counted over one, or more rounds, of 18 holes.